Using the Reports Page
Recon@UVa has a number of reports to provide additional information about monthly reconciliations. This information is available to a number of users, as described below.
This report provides high level information about status of the Project/Award combinations that must be reviewed and approved in Recon@UVa. If you are a reconciler (Preparer, Examiner, Approver) then you have access to the projects assigned to you. If you are an administrator or viewer (Auditor, etc.) then you have access to all projects in the system.
You can filter the information on the Oversight Report by using the Search Options. After entering the filtering options you want to user you can press enter or click the “Refresh List” button.
- Closed Month: The report only displays statistics for months that have closed. If you leave the field blank it will include all closed months.
- Org: Enter the five digit organization code to filter by organization.
- Preparer: Enter the UVa ID (ex. mst3k) or name (full or partial).
- Examiner: Enter the UVa ID (ex. mst3k) or name (full or partial).
- Approver: Enter the UVa ID (ex. mst3k) or name (full or partial).
- Non-Sponsored Only: Check this box to only review non-sponsored projects.
- Sponsored Only: Check this box to only review sponsored projects
The information is summarized to the Approver, Organization, and Grant Type. The columns of data include:
- Approver Name: Displays the Approver who either signed the document or is listed as the Person of Record on the project if it has not been signed yet.
- Organization: Displays the owning organization for the project.
- Grant Type: Displays a Y for sponsored projects and an N for non-sponsored projects.
- Total PA Count: The total Project/Award combinations summarized for the first three columns.
- Approved PA Count: The number of Project/Award combinations that have been signed by the Approver.
- To Be Prepared: The number of Project/Award combinations that are yet to be completed by the Preparer.
- To Be Examined: The number of Project/Award combinations that are yet to be completed by the Examiner (if applicable).
- To Be Approved: The number of Project/Award combinations that are yet to be completed by the Approver.
- Percent Complete: The success rate of Approvals calculated as a percentage.
This table may have multiple pages. The total number of records are displayed at the lower right corner of the table (ex. format “Displaying items 1-10 of 40”).
Historical BBA Report
This report archives the signed version of the Budget Balance Available (BBA) report available on the Summary page, and includes all Project/Award combinations that must be reviewed and approved in Recon@UVa. If you are a reconciler (Preparer, Examiner, Approver) then you have access to the projects assigned to you. If you are an administrator or viewer (Auditor, etc.) then you have access to all projects in the system.
The details on how to read and review this report are described on the Printable Report page.
- The Printable Report on the Summary page is dynamically created from current information but the Historical BBA Report is a snapshot in time.
- If you update comments AFTER the Approver has signed the report those updates will NOT be captured on the Historical BBA.
Role Assignment Report
This report allows you to view a Project's role assignments in Recon@UVa. The assigned reconciler's id and name are displayed for each project. Alternate reconcilers (if assigned) can be viewed by clicking the gray arrow () left of the project number. An additional grid will open to display the alternates' user id and name.
The values "recon-prep" and "recon-appr" indicate that the Project's key member in the Integrated System is missing or invalid. Please contact your unit's GM Role Manager to enter a valid key member.
Alternate Approvers Report
The purpose of this report is to display Project/Award combinations signed by an alternate approver in Recon@UVa.
PIs that assign an alternate approver in Recon@ must sign a paper copy of the BBA report as indicated in Procedure 1-4a: Monthly Review and Certification of Sponsored Program Project or Award Expenditures.
This report can be exported to Excel for printing and analysis.
Delinquent Users Report
This report displays the status and role assignments for reconciliations not completed by the due date and can be filtered by Fiscal Officer, Organization or Reconciliation Month.
It can be exported to Excel for printing and analysis.
Completion Statistics Report
This report displays completion statistics for each reconciliation period as follows:
|All Total Recons||Count of active PA combinations|
|All Not Prepared||Count of active PA combinations in NotPrepared status|
|All Percent Prepared||Percentage of active PA combinations in Prepared status to Total|
|All For Approval||Count of active PA combinations in ForApproval status (includes Prepared and Examined)|
|All Percent Approved||Percentage of active PA combinations in Approved status to Total|
|All Percent Approved on time||Percentage of active PA combinations approved by the due date|
|Sponsored||Same as above but filtered by Sponsored|
|Non-sponsored||Same as above but filtered by Non-sponsored|