Storage of University Records
To maintain compliance with the Virginia Public Records Act and University policies, and in order to properly protect and preserve University records, each business and academic unit is responsible for the proper storage of both physical and electronic records under their purview.
The University Records Management Office can assist offices in making decisions about proper storage solutions. Please send email or call 434-243-9162 to request a storage consultation.
Review policies and standards that are in place to guide efforts in storing University Records:
- University Records Management Policy
- UVa Institutional Physical Records Storage Standards
- Guidance on Electronic Storage of Highly Sensitive Data
- Institutional Data Protection Standards
- Requirements for Securing Electronic Devices
Physical Records Storage
Approved Storage Vendors
- EDM Americas (formerly Diversified Information Technologies)
- Patterson Pope/FileSolve
- Create Storage Vendor Acct