URMA - Identifying and Entering Records Administrator and Coordinator Information
The first time you use URMA, you will be asked to login using NetBadge and create an account, identifying yourself as a Records Administrator or Coordinator. You can create an account for other members of your department as well. You will be asked to specify whether these individuals are Records Administrators or Records Coordinators. For more information on these roles, see "Records Administrators and Coordinators - what's the difference?"
Entering information step by step:
Several fields are automatically completed from the information in your university profile. If this information is incorrect, you can update your profile by going through Integrated System Self-Service. Questions about updating your profile should be directed to your department's HRMS Specialist.
Follow the steps outlined below to enter your account information.
Entering Your Information - following the numbered areas above
- Once you have entered the application through NetBadge, your name and role are indicated in the blue header. Two additional links are included in the header - Help which contains page specific instructions and Logout which takes you out of URMA.
- The following fields are automatically populated:
- Computing ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Middle Initial
- VP Unit
- Org Number*
- Work Phone*
- You may be responsible for records in more than one organization. You can move other organizations as appropriate into your account profile. The records you enter will be tied to the organization, not to you as an individual.
- Select which University Agency you are associated with. If you are unsure, contact the UVa Records Management Office at firstname.lastname@example.org This is a required field.
- Select the role you are assigned. This is a required field.
- Referrer's Computing ID is the computing ID of the person who instructed you to create your account in URMA. Upon completion, both you and your referrer will receive a confirmation email. This is a required field.
Entering Information For Someone Else
When you create an account for someone else follow the steps listed above with the following exceptions:
- You will be asked to enter the Computing ID of the person for whom you are creating the account. Next to this field is a Lookup link. Clicking on this link will enter the individual's information from the University database.
- The Referrer's Computing ID will default to the person entering the information. Upon completion, both the new account holder and the person entering the information (the referrer) will receive a confirmation email.