SIS/UREG Users Group
Student Records/Academic Advisement
User Group Meeting
February 23, 2010
- Q&A Discussions Items
- UREG’s plan is for Class Search for Fall 2010 to be available on March 19.
- UREG has a new employee, Melissa Ferrell, who will be working with the Course Catalog and Record processes.
Q&A Discussion Items:
- Will course-based prerequisite checking be used for Fall 2010?
- The desire is to roll-out this functionality slowly based on the experiences of other institutions. As a pilot, the Psychology Department will be using this functionality with some classes for Fall 2010.
- Will there be a pause in undergraduate Enrollment for Fall 2010 during the summer orientation period?
- As of this time, this is still a question. There is functionality available in SIS that would allow the University to leave undergraduate enrollment open during the summer orientation period, but there is testing and discussion that will occur over the next few weeks to determine whether a feasible plan can be created to do this for Fall 2010.
- Will there continue to be interim degree audits in the College of Arts and Sciences?
- There is work being done to allow the University to use Academic Requirements to a fuller potential. This may make the interim degree audit as it is known today a less necessary step. However, as part of the College’s graduation process, the continued use of it as it is today will be a decision that they will make.
- Will a date be added so that instructors will know when students added themselves to a permission list?
- This is an enhancement to SIS that has been requested, but the timetable for completion of it is currently unknown.
- It seems RA’s may be advising students to use Course Action forms to make changes to their schedules when that is not the appropriate means for the change.
- Contact will be made to the Dean of Students office by UREG about this issue.