SIS/UREG Users Group
Student Records/Academic Advisement
User Group Meeting
March 31, 2009
- Updates/Known issues
- How you will be kept informed
- Enrollment and Advisement rolled out 3/16. 26,361 unique logins since 3/16/2009; 141,499 total logins since 3/16/2009
- Posted undergraduate admission decisions online/electronic admission deposit on 3/26/2009 at 5 PM; 9484 logins in the first hour. 262 undergraduates have accepted their offers of admission and paid their admission deposits; 192 have accepted without depositing yet
- Graduate enrollment appointments began 3/30/2009. Approximately 300 have already enrolled
- SFS successfully packaged financial aid for 2,119 applicants of the 3,529 applicants who applied for aid.
- Safari is not working with the SIS at this point. Recommending using Firefox or IE
- Many comments on COD versus Course Catalog versus Class Search. SSP added ability to search by department.
How you will be kept informed:
- New message board on SIS Portal (located below the central image)
- Communications to Local Experts and Dean's Designees
- Postings to Administrative Users and UREG websites
- Targeted emails when appropriate
- User Group minutes will be posted to SR User Group website to be set up by UREG. The url will be included in a message notifying you that minutes are posted.
- What do I do when the program or advisor is wrong on the My Advisees list for faculty?
- The program and advisor were imported from ISIS. If there are errors, the person in the dean's office with Local Admin Schools role can make corrections. If you change the major, you also need to update the advisor's affiliation on the Advisor page. Through August 2009, changes made in the SIS should also be made in ISIS, as the system of record.
- Who can lift the advisor hold if the advisor is out of town?
- Each school has designated one or more people who can lift the hold of any student
- We are having trouble getting iKeys for our users.
- Your school or department LSP should be able to make the appropriate contacts for iKeys.
- Where do we find the forms that a person has to complete to be assigned a SIS role?
- How can I limit which courses are identified as "courses not used" in the degree audit?
- Courses that do not fit in any degree requirement are put in the courses not used section. You can specifically apply those courses to a particular requirement using the AA Exception functionality, or contact the AA team if a change needs to be made in your department's requirements.
- Faculty are getting stuck at the log in screen.
- This is usually because they are trying to use the Back button on the browser. Please advise them NOT to use the back button (this warning is just below the log in button). They should scroll to the bottom of the page they are in and navigate through the buttons at the bottom of the page.
- How will we know when Discoverer training is available?
- At this point, people who have been assigned roles are being notified when training sessions are posted in OLM (the online training registration system available through Integrated System Self Service). However, you can go to OLM at any point to see what classes are posted.
- When will we be trained on Financial Aid Departmental Awarding?
- This modification to the system is in final testing. A core group of local experts will be trained on April 7, and they will assist in training others throughout April. People with that role will be notified when courses are posted for registration.
- Will there be more opportunities for online training?
- On the advise of University Audit, anyone with a role that involves changing information in the SIS must receive instructor-led training. Anyone with a role that involves only viewing may complete their training requirements online.
- How can I set my default to carry the student ID from one function to another?
- Navigate to Set Up SACR>User Defaults and go to the "Users Defaults 4" tab. Check the "Carry ID" box.
- You can also set defaults for career, group, program, and other fields as you desire.
- Where are the help resources available to faculty and students?
- There is confusion between the Course Catalog and Class Search.
The Course Catalog provides information on every approved course that is eligible to be offered. (taken from the University Record).
- The Class Search includes only classes available within a given semester (similar to the current COD). For an explanation of the differences between the COD and Class Search, see http://www.sis.virginia.edu/CenterHelp/faq.html#cod.
- How does dual-career enrollment work?
- Students who are active in two programs simultaneously are term activated in one or the other for any given semester. Term activation can be done by someone in either school's dean's office.
- What is the schedule Reporting drop in session?
- Report Questions & Answer sessions are being scheduled about every month and a half for reports users to bring in questions and get answers. These are not training sessions. See http://www.sis.virginia.edu/reports/#QandA.