SIS/UREG Users Group
Student Records/Academic Advisement
User Group Meeting
May 7, 2009
- If a student is on a class wait list they should not continue to attempt to enroll—the system will enroll them when space is available, and repeated attempts have no benefit. It is especially important that they don’t try again and check “OK to Wait List” for a second time. Each time a student clicks “OK to Wait List” they will be removed from their original position on the wait list and placed at the end.
- Hint: Once on a wait list, there is no advantage to continually trying to enroll/wait list.
- Graduate funding may be entered now.
- Is there a way to email all students on a Permission List?
- At this time there is not a way to send an email to all students on the Permission List.
- Is there a way to sort the Permission List by last name?
- This feature should be in production very soon. The request date and time have also been added..
- At this time students are unable to drop discussion sections even though the instructor and/or department wanted the discussion to be optional. Is there a way for students to drop a discussion?
- If the class has been set up with required components, students will need to enroll in all required components, and they will not be able to drop individual components.
- If the class has been set up with optional components students will only be required to enroll for required components. However, if a component is made optional after a student is already enrolled, and the student wants to drop the optional component, then the student must drop all components and re-add the required component. In addition, optional components, may still result in a time conflict error with another class.
- Must we wait until August to process Course Action Forms?
- The College has asked that Course Action Forms not be processed until after Orientation.
- Other Schools may use their own policy and/or procedures.
- Will a Course Action Form allow a student to drop a required discussion?
- If a discussion or lab component is required, then it will be required whether the student is enrolling through self-service or a drop is processed through a Course Action.
- When I was trained part of a Module was not working. How do I obtain more training on Departmental Aid?
- You may enroll to attend this training (again).
- How do I perform the sort with Course History that provides some of the information previously available from the unofficial transcript?
- SSP will provide Quick Reference materials for Self Service users and for administrative users.
- Thesis and dissertation titles are not showing in SIS. When will they be available?
- At this time, ISIS is the system of Record. SIS will not become the system of Record until approximately August 20, 2009.
- There are items that have not completed conversion to SIS, including thesis and dissertation titles, which are scheduled to be converted in late July.
- Why is the semester blank for Study Abroad Students?
- Semesters appear on the transcript only if there was enrollment for that semester. If the study abroad program was not for UVa direct credit, there will be no indication of the semester on the transcript
- This issue is being addressed and more information will follow. Based on the plan for recording study abroad beginning with Fall 2009, this will not be an issue in future semesters, but we are unsure if we will be able to make any changes for historic semesters.
- Can access be granted to allow additional users to enter advisor assignments for students?
- Security roles were structured so that those in the Schools/College could make these changes. Therefore, granting access to this would be tied to a variety of other functions. It is possible to create a new role to grant this specific access to additional users. SSP will continue to assess this and other possible changes to security.
- Is it possible for the School Registrars to change course descriptions and/or add Topics for Courses?
- At this time UREG will continue to manage the Course Catalog.