SIS/UREG Users Group
Student Records/Academic Advisement
User Group Meeting
April 5, 2011
- Q&A Discussions Items
- Class Search Changes
- Student Photo's inserted in SIS
- Changes will be coming from the vendor within a year that allow for post-enrollment prerequisite checking and e-mails to be sent from the administrative Class Roster page.
- Graduate Enrollment is open this week for Fall 2011. Undergraduates will begin to enroll for Fall 2011 next week (April 11).
- Rebecca Garver indicated that there is a new Discoverer query with Plan GPA or Major GPA through AA. The query name is SR_AA Academic Requirements GPA. Anyone needing assistance with the workbook can email email@example.com.
- A question was brought up about issues with swapping discussion sections. It is important to know when students should use swap and when they should use edit. The issue seemed to go beyond that, which led to the suggestion that users report when issues occur so that UREG, with help from ISDS-SIS, can investigate any unique situation.
- A question was voiced about Professional Level being incorrect for a Law transfer student. The situation seemed to correct itself after two courses were added. Bob reported that some changes were made on how the professional level was calculated and this could have been a timing issue.
- A question was asked about whether a concentration/subplan could be added when a major/plan is declared. The answer was that if there is a subplan addition to be made, departments may need to make clear to staff in the school on any forms that a subplan should be entered as well.
- Graduate and Undergraduate Enrollment stays open from now until the Fall, it doesn’t close at anytime during the summer as it did in the past.
- One attendee asked for more information about second career numbers when a degree candidate is earning a MA/MS and staying for PhD. The suggestion was to address those specific questions to UREG.
- There was a question about the sharing of courses in Academic Requirements for the College of Arts and Sciences. Rebecca said she understood that this will be discussed at the April meeting of the College’s CEPC.
The next meeting of this group will likely occur in Fall 2011.
Meeting Minutes Archive: