4: University Regulations

Academic Regulations | Non-Academic Regulations | The Honor System
Department of Parking and Transportation Services | Department of Student Health

Address Changes | Alcohol and Drug Policy | Substance Abuse Resources | Amplified Music
Bicycle Policy | Computer Usage Policy | Confidentiality of Student Records
Discrimination Complaint Procedures | Dogs Running at Large | Firearms
Fund Raising Projects by Student Organizations on University Grounds | Grievance Procedure
Hazing | Misuse of Student IDs at Athletic Events | Residence Hall Visitation
Security Policy | Sexual Harassment Policy | Solicitors and Sales Representatives
Statement of Students' Rights and Responsibilities | Use of University Equipment
Use of University Facilities | University Services and Activities | Videotapes and Copyright Law

Grievance Procedure

Students who have a grievance concerning the applicability of University regulations in the area of student affairs have the right to file a grievance according to the procedure listed below. (See also Academic Grievance Procedure.)
  1. After discussing the situation with the assigned advisor, students' concerns related to a staff member in student affairs that cannot be resolved between the two parties should be discussed with the respective director or dean of the unit on a one-to-one basis;
  2. Should the concern be related to the director or dean of the unit, the grievance would be filed with the vice president for student affairs;
  3. In circumstance number 1, if appropriate relief is not forthcoming, the next level of discussion should be with the vice president for student affairs; and
  4. Should the level of concern relate to the Vice President for Student Affairs, appropriate documentation should be presented in writing to the President of the University.

Continue to: Hazing
Return to: Chapter 4 Index