5: Graduate School of Arts and Sciences

General Information | Programs and Degrees Offered | Admission Information
Financial Assistance | Graduate Academic Regulations
Requirements for Specific Graduate Degrees | Departments and Programs | Faculty

Fellowships | State and Regional Scholarships and Fellowships | International Scholarships
Departmental Fellowships | Special Fellowships | Assistantships | Loans and Part-Time Employment


Assistantships and part-time instructorships are available in most departments. These involve teaching, grading, laboratory assistance, etc. The stipends vary according to the duties and the amount of time required of the student. For information concerning assistantships, applicants should write directly to the chair of the department in which they are interested.

Out-of-state graduate students who are teaching assistants and are paid at least $5,000 may receive a tuition adjustment fellowship to pay the difference between the out-of-state and in-state tuition. Out-of-state research assistants and graduate assistants who are paid at least $5,000 may receive a tuition adjustment fellowship to pay a percentage (up to 100 percent) of the difference between out-of-state and in-state tuition.

Graduate teaching assistants who are employed at half-time or greater (44 hours per month) will have their in-state tuition and required fees (excluding activities fees) remitted during the semester of their employment.

Continue to: Loans and Part-Time Employment
Return to: Chapter 5 Index