Skip to Content
FYI for Vehicle Rentals
- The department having responsibility for the vehicle must pay the first $1,000 of loss for each claim.
- If possible, never drop off a rental car after hours. If you must and have the equipment, take 4 pictures (one of each side). The University frequently receives claims for thousands of dollars 2-3 months after rentals are returned.
- When overseas, DO purchase the extra insurance (Collision Damage Waiver) on an auto rental.
- The University has an agreement with Enterprise in which the daily rates for US rentals include the Collision Damage Waiver which covers any damage to the vehicle.
- Note any damage to a rental car BEFORE taking it so that it will not be claimed against you.
- Don't sign off when returning the car if you don't agree with the damages they have listed - call the Office of Property & Liability Risk Management at 434-924-3850 if necessary.