Campers Accidental Coverage
Campers Accidental Coverage provides coverage to participants of a University organized camp. Under this coverage, all registered campers are automatically covered while they participate in a university sponsored and supervised educational day and overnight camp activities. University departments hosting a camp session can contact the Office of Risk Management to coordinate coverage for the camp’s activities.
Benefits for the hosting University Department
- Limits exposure for potential loss
- Premium amount is based on the number of campers per number of camp days.
- Liability coverage for travel as a group in a University authorized vehicle directly to and from hosted activities
Benefits for the Participant/Parent
- Provides secondary coverage for campers covered under another health insurance plan and provides primary coverage for non insured campers.
- The initial claim is filed against the primary coverage and any amount not paid or payable under the primary coverage is paid by the Campers Accidental Coverage.
- Payment of claims can be made directly to the doctor, hospital, clinic, etc.
Coverage Benefits and Limits
- Accident Medical Expense: $25,000
- Sickness Medical Expense (Overnight Camps Only): $1,000
- Benefit Amount is 100% of the Usual and Customary amount.
- Deductible: $0
- Accidental Death: $15,000
- Accidental Dismemberment & Paralysis: $25,000
- Aggregate AD&D: $500,000
- Accident Dental Expense included in Medical
Some catastrophic benefits & limits also provided.
Contact Linda Vannatta (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 434-982-2939) for additional information.