Rotunda Pilot Programming Schedule for 2013/2014 Academic Year
For the Fall 2013/Spring 2014 academic year, some programming changes are being piloted that designate certain days of the week to certain uses, including extended hours for student study, Provost Class Lab (courses as scheduled by the Registrar’s Office), First Year Dinners and general bookings. View the schedule below or see the PDF version for more information.
- The Rotunda – including the Dome Room and alcoves, North Oval Room, Lower West and Lower East Oval Rooms - are dedicated primarily as student study space.
- The building is open to the public from 9 am -5 pm. From 5 pm - 10 pm, students, staff and faculty can enter through the Lower Level main entrance with UVa ID card access.
- Lower West Oval Room is used as classroom: From 9 am – 5 pm it is a Provost Class Lab, scheduled by the University Registrar using its normal classroom scheduling procedures.
Wednesday Evenings: First Year Dome Room Dinners
- The Office of Housing and Residence Life is hosting First Year Dorm Dinners in the Dome Room on Wednesday evenings.
- General Bookings: The Rotunda is available for general bookings both during the day from 9 am – 5 pm, and for evening events until 10 pm, through the normal reservation process.
- However, during end-of-term exam periods, the Rotunda will be dedicated for student study only, and will not be available for general bookings.