- Of the female victims of stalking, 66.2% reported stalking by a current or former intimate partner and 24.0% reported stalking by an acquaintance
- Approximately 4 out of 10 male stalking victims (41.4%) reported that they had been stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime, with a similar proportion indicating that they had been stalked by an acquaintance
- 11% of stalking victims have been stalked for 5 years or more
- 1 in 8 employed stalking victims lose time from work as a result of their victimization and more than half lose 5 days of work or more.
- 1 in 7 stalking victims move as a result of their victimization.
- Weapons are used to harm or threaten victims in 1 out of 5 cases
- More than three-quarters of female stalking victims (78.8%) and a similar proportion of male victims (75.9%) reported receiving unwanted phone calls, including voice or text messages
- 2/3 of stalkers pursue their victims at least once per week, many daily, using more than one method.