Guidance and Tools for Scheduling Labor Distribution on Sponsored Projects
- Managing Salaries & Wages Charged to Sponsored Activities - Best Practices for scheduling, maintaining and adjusting labor to sponsored projects.
- Scheduling Labor Costs for Faculty over the New NIH and DHHS Salary Caps - Guidance document for managing the new NIH/DHHS salary caps.
- Scheduling Labor Distribution (LD) on Sponsored Projects at UVA Presentation - PDF version of slides from class on managing LD on sponsored projects. Strongly recommended for all employees who impact the LD management process, from LD Specialists to Effort Reporting Coordinators, Administrators and Business Managers. Includes information on Discoverer reports to run, Encumbrances, Special Situations, and more.
- UVA Human Resources Labor Distribution Toolkit - link to online HR resources for the Labor Distribution module in the Integrated System
- Labor Distribution Calculators - Excel spreadsheets that automatcially calculate the LD percentages or dollars to schedule, based on user to input parameters (such as salary and effort level). Can be used for BOTH School of Medicine and Non-School of Medicine faculty.
- NIH and DHHS awards issued 12/23/2011 and later (Salary cap: $179,700)
- NIH and DHHS awards issued 12/22/2011 and prior (Salary cap: $199,700)
- How to look up UPG Faculty Salary in the Integrated System - Annotated screenshot from the HR module showing how to find UPG (University Physician's Group) portion of faculty pay. UPG pay is input into the LD calculators above.
- School of Medicine Split Payroll LD Management Tool - sample Excel spreadsheet for use in managing Labor Distribution for SOM faculty who also receive University Physicians Group (UPG) pay.
Looking for Guidance on Labor Distribution Adjustments? Visit our Labor Distribution Adjustments guidance page.