"K" Awards-NIH Career Development Awards
Usually a Salary Cap
- Typically $75,000, but may be greater depending on the discipline and participating institute.
- Salary cannot be supplemented by another Federal award without prior written approval from the Sponsor
Minimum Commitments of effort
- Typically 75%, but may be greater or lesser depending on type of award and participating institute.
- May be reduced in the last years of the award to 50%, in order to seek other federal funding as a PI or Co-PI.
- Part of the minimum effort commitment can be expended on another award as long as this award contributes to the goals of the K award.