The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) facilitates research and research administration at the University of Virginia. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Finance, OSP signs off on grant applications, and negotiates contracts and grants with a wide variety of sponsors. Once an award has been made, OSP provides a comprehensive service in award administration and regulatory compliance. OSP is located in Carruthers Hall.
Have something you need to send to OSP, for example an electronic notice of award? Need to request an action from OSP, for example need a copy of an NOA? Click here email@example.com.
Have a question about invoicing/reporting/award setup/transactions that won't post? Click here firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a question about a subcontract UVA made to another entity? Click here email@example.com.
News & Announcements
- ResearchUVa inital launch scheduled for May 4th! (April 2015)
- NIH Cap Increases to $183,300 (January 2015)
- NSF Posted a Revised Grants.gov Application Guide for Proposals Submitted or Due on or After 12/26/2014 (December 2014)
- New NIH Biographical Sketch format for proposals due on or after 5/25/15 (December 2014)
- We have written a new procedure to document OSP's process we have been using for years for handling Wire fees. You can find it here. (October 2014)
- Approved Fringe Rates for FY 2015. (June 2014)
- For OSP generated NOA correction forms, we will now use this NOA format. Please note that you will see "Acct MOD" in the proposal number field and the modification details will be in the Comments section. (June 2014)
- Federal agencies tighten final financial reporting and closeout time line (April 2014 - Updated 5/16/2014)
- Morgan State University PI Convicted or Federal Grant Fraud (April 2014)
- The 2014 Effort Report Distribution Schedule is available (February 2014)
- NIH Cap Increases to $181,500 (February 2014)
- New GB Award Prefix Established (January 2014)
- Changes to NSF PAPPG Effective for Proposals Submitted/Due on/after 2/24/14 (Nov 2013)
- NSF Guidance on Post-Shutdown Activities (Oct 2013)
- NIH Guidance on Post-Shutdown Activities (Oct 2013)
- Reminder - NSF Proposals Require Inclusion of Results from Prior NSF Support (Sep 2013)