Pre-Participation Athletic Physicals
Pre-participation athletic physicals are offered by appointment in the General Medicine clinic. This physical is required by the athletic department for all students who wish to try-out for collegiate teams. It is also recommended for students who plan to participate in club or intramural sports or embark on a new athletic activity or program.
The pre-participation athletic physical is comprised of 3 required steps:
- Review of the NCAA Sickle Cell Trait Fact Sheet for Student Athletes.
- Complete the GM-Athletic History form by logging into HealthyHoos and clicking on “SDAC/ GENMED Forms” on the left hand side of the screen.
- Call General Medicine at 982-3915 to schedule your athletic physical appointment after you have submitted the Pre-participation Athletic Health History form.
- Please note that athletic physicals are only offered in the morning.
- At your visit, a physician will review your medical history, perform a physical examination, and make recommendations for your athletic participation.
- If you wish to have the sickle cell test, this will be done at your appointment.
There is no charge for the Pre-participation athletic physical. However, there is a fee for any necessary additional services, such as lab tests, immunizations, EKG, etc. Please refer to the Student Health Price Schedule for costs of these services. The physician may also recommend referral to a specialist for further evaluation. Please contact your insurance provider to discuss coverage for these services.