Celebrate Every Body is:
A weight-neutral approach to healthy living for people of ALL shapes and sizes, through
- Mindful eating (NOT dieting!),
- Energizing activity (movement of all types),
- Rejuvenating rest (adequate sleep and downtime), and
- Solid support (social connections, stress management strategies, spirituality).
Celebrate Every Body Week is February 22-26, 2016
Every Body Can Participate:
- THE JEANS EXCHANGE - Jeans too tight? Instead of changing your body, change your mindset!
Donate your jeans to a good cause and get a FREE Celebrate Every Body t-shirt to rock instead!
- Aquatics & Fitness Center: Mon, Tues, & Wed, Feb 22-24th, 6:00-8:00pm
- Newcomb: Mon-Fri, Feb 22-26th, 11:00am-2:00pm
Any men’s, women’s, and kid’s clothing in good condition will be accepted. Donations go to support the Shelter for Help in Emergency.
- MINDFUL EATING – Connect with your body’s innate wisdom to guide you towards a satisfying,
health-enhancing eating experience. Facilitated by a Registered Dietitian, in partnership with the
Contemplative Sciences Center>. FREE and open to ALL.
- Clemons 201, Mon, Feb 22nd, 8:00-8:30pm
- BODY POSITIVE ZUMBA – Get energized and learn some new dance moves while you move to a Latin
beat! FREE drop-in class, open to all
students and IM-Rec members.
- Slaughter Rec Center, Mon, Feb 22nd, 5:30-6:30pm
- YOGA FOR EVERY BODY – Unite your body and mind as you flow through a series of invigorating,
playful, and restorative postures in this yoga class for all levels. FREE drop-in class,
open to all students and IM-Rec members.
- Aquatics & Fitness Center, Tues, Feb 23rd, 8:00-9:00pm
- Aquatics & Fitness Center, Wed, Feb 24th, 8:00-9:00pm
- LOVE YOUR GENES ART EVENT – We will be transforming jeans into an artistic expression of body
positivity! Bring your own jeans to donate, or use ours in this collaborative art experiential. A fun way to
take a break while practicing loving your genes. Facilitated by board certified art therapist, Caitlin Santucci,
of Prosperity Eating Disorders & Wellness Center. FREE and open to
ALL, no artistic experience necessary. Please RSVP to
- Maxine Platzer Lynn Women’s Center, Tues, Feb 23rd at 3:00-4:00 pm
- WELLNESS RESOURCES – Check out the links below for more info on sleep.
- SCREENINGS - Concerned about your relationship with food, exercise or your body?
Check out our Resources page for additional support.