Celebrate Every Body is:
A weight-neutral approach to healthy living for people of ALL shapes and sizes, through
- Mindful eating (NOT dieting!),
- Energizing activity (movement of all types),
- Rejuvenating rest (adequate sleep and downtime), and
- Solid support (social connections, stress management strategies, spirituality).
Celebrate Every Body Week is February 23-27, 2015
Every Body Can Participate:
- THE JEANS EXCHANGE - Instead of dieting or exercising compulsively to squeeze into too-tight jeans, donate them in exchange for FREE Celebrate Every Body give-aways.
- North Grounds Rec Center: Tuesday, Feb 24th, 4-8pm
- Aquatics & Fitness Center: Wednesday & Thursday, Feb 25-26th, 5:30-7:30pm
- Newcomb: Mon-Fri, Feb 23-27, 11am-2pm
- MOVIE – “Miss Representation” - Come out and watch this fun and informational movie about body image and the media!
- Monday, February 23 at 7:00 p.m. in the Kaleidoscope room, Newcomb Hall. FREE and open to the public.
- ZUMBA FOR EVERY BODY – Get energized and learn some new dance moves while you move to a Latin beat!
- FREE drop-in class @AFC, Wednesday, Feb 25th, 8pm
- SCREENINGS - Concerned about your relationship with food, exercise or your body?
- Free and confidential in-person eating disorders screenings available at the UVa Women’s Center. Call 434-982-2252 for an appointment.
- Click here for online eating disorders screening
- WELLNESS RESOURCES – Check out the links below for more info on sleep. Check out our Resources page for additional support.
HelpGuide.org – Understanding Sleep
WikiHow – How to Sleep Better
Virtual Pamphlet Collection-Sleep
Any men’s, women’s, and even kid’s clothing in good condition will be accepted. Donations go to support the Shelter for Help in Emergency.