Skip to Content

Hours and Appointments

Regular Hours of Operation
Fall and Spring Semesters Summer and January Sessions
and Breaks
Weekdays - 8 AM to 5 PM Weekdays - 8 AM to 4:30 PM

To make the best possible use of your time and ours, we encourage you to make an appointment for your care at Student Health. If you have an urgent need and no appointment, we have a "triage" system whereby you can talk with a care provider who will advise you, refer you for same-day care, or suggest a scheduled appointment. Call the main number (434) 924-5362 to make an appointment, or see the Phone numbers page to call and make an appointment directly with a specific department.

Emergency and After Hours Care
In an emergency or life-threatening situation, call the Charlottesville-Albemarle Rescue Squad at 911.

When Student Health is closed, and you need to speak with someone about an urgent concern or problem, care providers are always on call through the answering service number, 972-7004. Let the operator know whether you have a medical concern or wish to speak with a mental health care provider. Please wait near your phone for a response.

If you have an urgent medical or emotional problem, or are so directed by the on-call provider, you may receive care at the UVa Hospital Emergency Room.

Parking and Access
Student Health is just off Central Grounds, on Jefferson Park Avenue between Monroe Lane and Brandon Avenue. Parking is extremely limited, and both the green and blue bus lines serve the building. You may park in one of the designated patient spaces in the U-5 Lot to the south of the building. These spaces are marked "SH". Map

Student Health has an automated parking registration system. There are two locations where students can register their vehicles: Front Desk Lobby and SDAC-Health Promotion Lobby.

Please be advised that patients or clients are limited to two hours in the Student Health spaces and violators will be ticketed or towed.

Handicapped parking is available on the Monroe Lane side for students with permits. If you have an injury or temporary disability, you may ask your care provider to authorize a temporary handicapped permit.