Twinrix (Hepatitis A&B combined)
Meningococcal (Menactra, Menomune)
MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella)
PPD (Not on Thursdays)
Tetanus (Td & Tdap)
*Vaccine Safety article and video
If you have not submitted your immunization record OR you are not sure what immunizations you require, PLEASE go to Medical Records PRIOR to making an appointment for the Immunization Clinic.
In an effort to facilitate convenience for the students who need immunizations, Student Health has developed an appointment system. This will allow students to pick the best day and time to receive their immunization(s) according to their schedule. It will also reduce long wait times typically found with our previous walk-in system. Students who are here for immunizations will no longer be exposed to students who are ill. Immunizations will be provided in the area located near the laboratory, students with complaints of illness will continue to be seen in General Medicine Clinic.
All students who require an immunization will now need to schedule an appointment. Please follow these simple, easy steps to make your appointment and to take advantage of the self check-in process once you enter the Brandon Avenue entrance of the Student Health building. Please plan to arrive 10 minutes early to begin the process.
Making your appointment:
- Immunizations will be available by appointment Monday through Friday from 8:30am until 4pm. In addition to calling the General Medicine clinic, on-line self scheduling for these appointments is available at https://www.healthyhoos.virginia.edu/. If you have not already done so, you will need to register on this site the first time you sign on.
- Proceed to make your appointment by following the online prompts.
- Verify/edit your contact information.
- Choose the day you would like to have your appointment. For clinic, choose the Immunization Clinic. In provider, choose from Immunization 1 or Immunization 2. Then choose an Appointment Reason. Make sure you do not choose "Allergy Clinic" or "Allergy Injection" unless you are scheduling your allergy shots. Available appointment times will appear after you click Continue so that you can choose the time that is most convenient for you. If there are no suitable times available for the provider you have chosen, return to the search screen, choose the other provider and try again.
- Please print out the "Appointment Confirmation" page and bring this with you to your appointment. Please also bring your student ID card or at least know your student University ID #.
- You will need to sign a consent form for each immunization. These forms are now available online (opens a PDF form) and can be printed and completed prior to your appointment.
- If you are not sure of your immunization requirements, and/or you are blocked, you can review your immunization record online when you schedule your appointment by clicking "View Immunizations" on the Home screen of HealthyHoos. Please print this document to bring with you.
- If you have not yet turned in your Pre-Entrance Health Form immunization information or have turned it in less than 2 weeks before your appointment date, please see Medical Records at Student Health before your appointment. Note: during busy times, this may involve a wait in line.
- Be sure to choose the appropriate option for the number of immunizations you need to receive. If receiving 1 or 2 immunizations, choose this option. If receiving 3 or more immunizations, choose this option. *If you do not choose the appropriate option, you may have to schedule another appointment to allow ample time to receive immunizations.*
- Please note: PPD skin tests are not given on Thursdays.
- Follow instructions for self check-in at the kiosks in the main lobby when you arrive for your appointment.
- If you arrive 5 minutes or more past your appointment time, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment. Again, please arrive 10 minutes early so as to allow ample time to check yourself in. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please cancel it so that it can be available to another person. Appointments made online at HealthyHoos may be cancelled online; appointments made by phone may not.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to obtain Travel Immunizations in the Immunization Clinic without first having been through the Travel Clinic. PPDs cannot be placed on Thursdays.