Expected Levels of Performance & Exit Standards
Levels of Performance
Performance on the above described goals and competencies measured by the Intern Evaluation Form. The Intern Evaluation Form is completed by all supervisors in February and July, and serves as the basis for verbal evaluation in April as well. In addition, supervisors complete the same form to establish baseline competencies in October, and those evaluations are used as an initial benchmark. The scale for the Intern Evaluation Form is as follows:
(1st to 3rd year)
|Beginning Intern||Midyear Intern||Endyear Intern||Early Career
(new doctoral to 5
years post doctorate)
If, at the mid-year evaluation period, an intern obtains a total cumulative mean rating (from all supervisors) of less than 6.0 on the Goals Summary or the Competency Summary, or a supervisor cumulative mean rating of less than 5.0 from any supervisor on an evaluation, the frequency of evaluations completed by all supervisors for that intern will shift to a monthly basis. At any time during the internship year, a supervisor may bring forth a delineation of “a learning need” or “not meeting performance standards,” and this is described fully below.
At year-end, in order for an intern to successfully complete the internship program with certification, the intern must obtain a total cumulative mean rating (from all supervisors) equal to or greater than 7.0 on the Goals Summary and the Competency Summary, as well as a supervisor cumulative mean rating equal to or greater than 6.0 from every supervisor. If this is not accomplished, the intern completes the program without certification.
- Completion of 2,000 total hours (including both direct clinical contact and indirect hours)
- Completion of 500 direct clinical contact hours
- Completion of all outreach and supervision provision responsibilities as described in the Intern Manual
- Completion of required supervision hours as described in the Intern Manual
- Active participation in all seminars, cultural training components, community consultation, and CAPS clinical and administrative meetings, as described in the Intern Manual
- Completion of an 8-10 week, 8-12 hours per week summer rotation
- Timely completion of clinical records and logs
- Adherence to APA ethical guidelines throughout the internship year
- Year-end competency-based performance evaluations indicating total cumulative mean rating (from all supervisors) equal or greater than 7.0 on the Goals Summary and the Competency Summary, as well as a supervisor cumulative mean rating equal or greater than 6.0 from every supervisor.