Counseling and Psychological Services
Levels of Performance
Attainment of the above goals and objectives is measured by the Trainee Evaluation Form. The Trainee Evaluation Form is completed by all supervisors at the end of each semester, as well as by the summer rotation supervisor.
At mid-year, if an intern obtains a mean rating of less than 3.0 on an objective section from all supervisors in that competency area, or a rating of less than 2.7 from any supervisor for a given objective section, evaluation forms will be completed by all supervisors of that objective on a monthly basis.
At year-end, in order for an intern to successfully complete the internship program, the intern must obtain a mean rating of greater than or equal to 3.0 on every section of the evaluation form, and no less than 2.7 from any supervisor for a given objective section. If this is not accomplished, the intern completes the program without certification.
- Completion of 2,000 total hours (including both direct clinical contact and indirect hours)
- Completion of 500 direct clinical contact hours
- Completion of at least 5 outreach programs over the course of the year, two of which are required to be an original presentation to a university audience, as well as weekly resident advisor consultation hour for one semester
- Completion of required supervision hours as described in the Intern Manual
- Active participation in all seminars, cultural training components, and CAPS clinical and administrative meetings, as described in the Intern Manual
- Completion of an 8-10 week, 8-12 hours per week summer rotation
- Timely completion of clinical records and logs
- Adherence to APA ethical guidelines throughout the internship year
Year-end competency-based performance evaluations indicating that the intern obtained a mean rating of greater or equal to 3.0 on every objective section and no less than 2.7 from any supervisor for a given objective section.