Peer Health Educators
Patient Education Sessions
The easy way to ask the hard questions.
Come see a Peer Health Educator TODAY to discuss a variety of health topics in a comfortable and confidential one-on-one environment. The PHEs are located at the Office of Health Promotion in the basement of Student Health.
Session topics include but aren't limited to:
-First Gynecology Exam
-Birth Control Options
-Sexually Transmitted Infections
-Substance Use and Abuse
What people have to say about PHE Patient Education Sessions:
"It made me feel more comfortable talking to a peer about birth control. I liked the way the information was presented."
"[The PHE] answered all of my questions and really set my mind at ease."
"Very informative, a good chance to clear up any questions that one might feel too rushed to ask during an exam."
Benefits to the University
- Helps students learn how to care for themselves
- Empowers students to actively participate in decisions about their health care
- Provides patients with up-to-date, relevant health information and prevention messages
- Allows students to have their questions answered prior to their medical appointment, so as to provide clinicians additional time to answer more in-depth medical questions
- Eases student concerns and creates a comfortable, caring environment prior to medical appointment
- Provides female students a detailed account of what to expect during their first gynecological exam