Spring 2016 HoursOpen Monday-Friday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm, closed for lunch 1:00 pm - 1:45 pm
Web Refills/Transfers: https://refillrx.healthsystem.virginia.edu
The pharmacy provides medication dispensing for prescriptions prescribed by University and your Community Health Care practitioners. The pharmacist provides drug therapy review, patient education, drug information, and counseling for prescription and over-the-counter-medications in a private counseling area. The pharmacy has a selection of over-the-counter medications and health care products in the Atrium Apothecary. We process most drug insurance plans. Credit cards, checks, and cash may be used for medication purchases. Families may also establish a secure credit card-based account for their student.
How to have your prescription filled:
- Present written prescription to pharmacy OR
- Doctor’s office may fax or call in a new prescription
- A prescription that has been filled at our pharmacy and has refills can be prepared before you come in.
- Call 434-924-1544 and press 1 to use the automated refill line or press 2 to speak to a pharmacy member or to leave a message. OR
- Log onto https://refillrx.healthsystem.virginia.edu
If possible, please allow 24 hours for prescription processing OR
- Come in person – there will be a short wait
If no refills remain, call your doctor’s office to request a new prescription. OR We can contact your doctor’s office.
If possible, please allow 48 hours
- If a prescription has been filled at another pharmacy and has refills we can call them to have the refills transferred.
- Log onto https://refillrx.healthsystem.virginia.edu and select Transfer Prescriptions. OR
- Call 434-924-1544 and press 2 to speak to a pharmacy member or to leave a message.
If possible, please allow 48 hours.
Insurance may reduce the cost of your prescription. If you want to use your insurance, please bring your prescription insurance information. We do not have access to your pre-entrance health forms.