Students on exchange programs, outside programs, and some UVA programs for Spring Semester 2016 must attend one of the following sessions:
Monday, Nov. 9, 5:00-7:00 pm, Minor Hall 125
Friday, Nov. 13, 8:00-10:00 am, Minor Hall 125
Institute for American Universities: Aix-en-Provence, France, Spring semester
My favorite part of living abroad that I was living in the south of France for four months—not just visiting, not a permanent outsider, but a full-fledged member of the community for many months’ time. This special experience of living abroad manifested itself in many ways: the streets surrounding my apartment became familiar and comforting to walk through; the farmers who brought their wares to the fresh market each day began to recognize me as a regular customer, smiling at my imperfect accent and throwing in extra parsley every now and then with my purchases. Studying abroad for a semester was the single best thing I’ve done so far in my life, and every day I value the things I learned about the world, people, and myself abroad that I don’t know if I ever could have learned had I not taken this opportunity.
News & Announcements
- The UVA in Turkey January term program location has been changed from Istanbul, Turkey to Rome, Italy. Please see the January Term: UVA in Italy program page for more information about the revised program.
- January and Spring 2016 program applications are now available.
- U.S. Department of State Worldwide Caution, updated July 29, 2015
- U.Va. Student Health News & Alerts
- UVA in Morocco Info Session, Oct. 7, 4 - 5:30 pm, Cabell 349
- Pre-Departure Orientation:
Monday, Nov. 9, 5:00-7:00 pm, Minor Hall 125 OR Friday, Nov. 13, 8:00-10:00 am, Minor Hall 125