Institute for American Universities: Aix-en-Provence, France, Spring semester
My favorite part of living abroad that I was living in the south of France for four months—not just visiting, not a permanent outsider, but a full-fledged member of the community for many months’ time. This special experience of living abroad manifested itself in many ways: the streets surrounding my apartment became familiar and comforting to walk through; the farmers who brought their wares to the fresh market each day began to recognize me as a regular customer, smiling at my imperfect accent and throwing in extra parsley every now and then with my purchases. Studying abroad for a semester was the single best thing I’ve done so far in my life, and every day I value the things I learned about the world, people, and myself abroad that I don’t know if I ever could have learned had I not taken this opportunity.
- Announcement Regarding Ebola and Student Travel Abroad for University-Related Purposes
- U.Va. Student Health News & Alerts
U.S. Department of State Worldwide Caution
- CDC Traveler's Health
- Student Travel Restriction [10/1/12]: Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua
- Pre-Departure Orientations: Wednesday, Nov. 5, 5-7 pm, Maury 209 or Friday, Nov. 7, 9-11 am, Nau Hall 101.
- Semester at Sea Spring 2015 Voyage Pre-Departure Orientation, Monday, Nov. 10, 5-7 pm, Minor Hall 125.
- Lessons from Abroad: Study Abroad Returnee Conference. Saturday, Feb. 21, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm.