UVA in Siena, Italy, Spring semester
I chose to do a homestay and was put with the most adorable, angel of a woman named Sylvia, and it was her and her family and this home and community experience that was really my favorite aspect of being abroad. It was the regular meals with all of her children and grandchildren and the huge, monthly neighborhood dinners where I started to truly appreciate this deep-seeded cultural need and passion for getting together and spending time with one another and I completely fell in love with it.
News & Announcements
- U.S. Department of State Worldwide Caution, updated Jan. 9, 2015
- Announcement Regarding Ebola and Student Travel Abroad for University-Related Purposes
- U.Va. Student Health News & Alerts
- Education Abroad Workshop
- CORE, Cultural Orientation, Reflection, and Engagement
U.S. Department of State Travel Resources
U.S. Department of State Worldwide Caution
- CDC Traveler's Health
- University Policy on Student Travel Student Travel Restriction [10/1/12]: Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua
- Lessons from Abroad: Study Abroad Returnee Conference. Saturday, March 21, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm.
- Pre-Departure Orientation. Wednesday, April 8, 4:00 - 6:00 pm and Friday, April 10, 9:00 - 11:00 am. Nau Hall 101.