UVA Exchange: University of St. Andrews, Scotland, Spring semester
You can be a tourist at anytime for the rest of your life, but you rarely get the chance to live in a foreign country for an extended period of time. I became immersed in the culture of the university, participating in its traditions, and building relationships with its students. Studying abroad gives you the chance to build relationships as well as improve your understanding of the world around you. For me, the major difference is in the end for a tourist what they leave behind is a vacation spot, but for me when I left St Andrews it felt like I was leaving my home.
News & Announcements
- U.S. Department of State Worldwide Caution, updated Jan. 9, 2015
- Announcement Regarding Ebola and Student Travel Abroad for University-Related Purposes
- U.Va. Student Health News & Alerts
- Education Abroad Workshop
- CORE, Cultural Orientation, Reflection, and Engagement
U.S. Department of State Travel Resources
U.S. Department of State Worldwide Caution
- CDC Traveler's Health
- University Policy on Student Travel Student Travel Restriction [10/1/12]: Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua
- Lessons from Abroad: Study Abroad Returnee Conference. Saturday, March 21, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm.
- Pre-Departure Orientation. Wednesday, April 8, 4:00 - 6:00 pm and Friday, April 10, 9:00 - 11:00 am. Nau Hall 101.