Students on exchange programs, outside programs, and some UVA programs for Spring Semester 2016 must attend one of the following sessions:
Monday, Nov. 9, 5:00-7:00 pm, Minor Hall 125
Friday, Nov. 13, 8:00-10:00 am, Minor Hall 125
UVA Exchange: University of St. Andrews, Scotland, Spring semester
You can be a tourist at anytime for the rest of your life, but you rarely get the chance to live in a foreign country for an extended period of time. I became immersed in the culture of the university, participating in its traditions, and building relationships with its students. Studying abroad gives you the chance to build relationships as well as improve your understanding of the world around you. For me, the major difference is in the end for a tourist what they leave behind is a vacation spot, but for me when I left St Andrews it felt like I was leaving my home.
News & Announcements
- The UVA in Turkey January term program location has been changed from Istanbul, Turkey to Rome, Italy. Please see the January Term: UVA in Italy program page for more information about the revised program.
- January and Spring 2016 program applications are now available.
- U.S. Department of State Worldwide Caution, updated July 29, 2015
- U.Va. Student Health News & Alerts
- UVA in Morocco Info Session, Oct. 7, 4 - 5:30 pm, Cabell 349
- Pre-Departure Orientation:
Monday, Nov. 9, 5:00-7:00 pm, Minor Hall 125 OR Friday, Nov. 13, 8:00-10:00 am, Minor Hall 125