UVA in Siena, Italy, Spring semester
I chose to do a homestay and was put with the most adorable, angel of a woman named Sylvia, and it was her and her family and this home and community experience that was really my favorite aspect of being abroad. It was the regular meals with all of her children and grandchildren and the huge, monthly neighborhood dinners where I started to truly appreciate this deep-seeded cultural need and passion for getting together and spending time with one another and I completely fell in love with it.
- Announcement Regarding Ebola and Student Travel Abroad for University-Related Purposes
- U.Va. Student Health News & Alerts
U.S. Department of State Worldwide Caution
- CDC Traveler's Health
- Student Travel Restriction [10/1/12]: Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua
- Pre-Departure Orientations: Wednesday, Nov. 5, 5-7 pm, Maury 209 or Friday, Nov. 7, 9-11 am, Nau Hall 101.
- Semester at Sea Spring 2015 Voyage Pre-Departure Orientation, Monday, Nov. 10, 5-7 pm, Minor Hall 125.
- International Education Week, November 15 - 21, See the calendar for full details.
- Lessons from Abroad: Study Abroad Returnee Conference. Saturday, Feb. 21, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm.