Institute for American Universities: Aix-en-Provence, France, Spring semester
My favorite part of living abroad that I was living in the south of France for four months—not just visiting, not a permanent outsider, but a full-fledged member of the community for many months’ time. This special experience of living abroad manifested itself in many ways: the streets surrounding my apartment became familiar and comforting to walk through; the farmers who brought their wares to the fresh market each day began to recognize me as a regular customer, smiling at my imperfect accent and throwing in extra parsley every now and then with my purchases. Studying abroad for a semester was the single best thing I’ve done so far in my life, and every day I value the things I learned about the world, people, and myself abroad that I don’t know if I ever could have learned had I not taken this opportunity.
- Now accepting applications for January term 2015 and Spring 2015 programs
- Now accepting scholarship applications for Spring 2015 programs.
U.S. Department of State Worldwide Caution
- Student Travel Restriction [10/1/12]: Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua
- Sweetbriar JYF Info Session, Thursday, Oct. 2, 7-8 pm, New Cabell 338.
- Programs in Israel Info Session, Monday, Oct. 6, 4-5 pm, Minor Hall 216.
- Pre-Departure Orientations: Wednesday, Nov. 5th, evening, and Friday, Nov. 7, morning.
- Semester at Sea Spring 2015 Voyage Pre-Departure Orientation, Monday, Nov. 10, 5-7 pm, Minor Hall 125.