UVA Exchange: University of St. Andrews, Scotland, Spring semester
You can be a tourist at anytime for the rest of your life, but you rarely get the chance to live in a foreign country for an extended period of time. I became immersed in the culture of the university, participating in its traditions, and building relationships with its students. Studying abroad gives you the chance to build relationships as well as improve your understanding of the world around you. For me, the major difference is in the end for a tourist what they leave behind is a vacation spot, but for me when I left St Andrews it felt like I was leaving my home.
- Now accepting applications for January term 2015 and Spring 2015 programs
- Now accepting scholarship applications for Spring 2015 programs.
U.S. Department of State Worldwide Caution
- Student Travel Restriction [10/1/12]: Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua
- Sweetbriar JYF Info Session, Thursday, Oct. 2, 7-8 pm, New Cabell 338.
- Programs in Israel Info Session, Monday, Oct. 6, 4-5 pm, Minor Hall 216.
- Pre-Departure Orientations: Wednesday, Nov. 5th, evening, and Friday, Nov. 7, morning.
- Semester at Sea Spring 2015 Voyage Pre-Departure Orientation, Monday, Nov. 10, 5-7 pm, Minor Hall 125.