Admission for Visiting High School Students
Please read the instructions below before attempting to complete the High School Application.
- University of Virginia Summer Session Application for High School Students Part I
- University of Virginia Summer Session Application for High School Students Part II
(includes Medical Consent Form, Terms of Understanding, Secondary School Report)
The University of Virginia Summer Session does not offer a separate program for high school students. High school students accepted in the summer are considered visiting undergraduate students and are enrolled in classes with other undergraduate students. Only rising juniors and seniors with excellent academic records are eligible to enroll for summer classes. With the exception of students accepted into the Summer Language Institute, high school students may take only one class per term. Students should choose a course offered through the College of Arts and Sciences in the 1000- to 2000-level for which there are no prerequisites.
The University does not offer housing for high school students. Living arrangements are the responsibility of the parent and guardian and must be in place before the student arrives for summer.
Instructions for completing the University of Virginia Summer Session Application High School Students
The following materials must be submitted to be considered for admission to the University of Virginia Summer Session
- Online Application Form
- Transcript: An official transcript from your current high school.
- Medical Consent Form for Minors: To be completed by your parent/guardian. (Application Part II)
- Terms of Understanding: To be signed by your parent/guardian and you.(Application Part II)
- Secondary School Report: To be completed by the school counselor or principal.(Application Part II)
All materials should be mailed to:
Office of Summer and Special Academic Programs
University of Virginia
P.O. Box 400161
Charlottesville, Virginia 22904-4161