U.Va. Office for Sustainability 2015
ENERGY AND SUSTAINABILITY ENGINEER
The UVa Office for Sustainability is seeking an Energy and Sustainability Engineer to contribute to developing solutions to meet university-wide goals for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, energy consumption, and overall environmental stewardship. The Energy and Sustainability Engineer focuses on implementing innovative projects that incorporate best practices in sustainability and conservation in the use of energy, water, raw materials, and other resources through retro-commissioning, energy audits and technical analyses. He/she will identify, vet, and implement projects to improve O&M, enhance building automation and energy management systems through field improvements and software programming, ensuring accurate metering and billing, and advocating for sustainability. The incumbent supports the goals of providing consistent, cost-effective, and efficient use of energy and other natural resources by applying expertise and knowledge of building systems to inspect, evaluate, analyze, and solve complex building mechanical, electrical, controls, and plumbing deficiencies. Working independently, the incumbent supports complex and technical energy programs, in addition to providing guidance to lower-level employees.
• A bachelor’s degree in engineering. However, a bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, physics or similar field combined with significant experience with HVAC/mechanical systems and related controls will be considered;
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience designing, constructing, or evaluating HVAC/mechanical systems or controls is required. A combination of related graduate level course work and experience will be considered;
• Certification/registration as a LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) professional, CEM (Certified Energy Manager), or Professional Engineer;
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interface and develop relationships with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public to promote and educate on sustainability initiatives;
• Knowledge of operations and maintenance of HVAC/mechanical systems or controls;
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to determine actionable projects that achieve results;
• Demonstrated success managing multiple projects to meet overarching objectives with a keen eye for quality control and attention to detail.
How to apply:
Please prepare and upload a cover letter and a resume to https://jobs.virginia.edu, and search US Position Number 00318. To ensure consideration, applications must be received by June 8, 2015. No emails or phone calls, please.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
jobs.virginia.edu, posting number 00318.
The posting will close on Monday, June 8, 2015