Office for Sustainability Programs & Services
|The Office for Sustainability offers several programs and services to support the U.Va. community in achieving university-wide sustainability goals.
Goal: Progress towards a net positive impact by reducing out environmental footprint and promoting responsible stewardship of resources
Goal: UVA Recycling works to responsibly manage all recycling and waste efforts at the University, helping to ensure that opportunities for material-based conservation and reclamation are maximized.
- Outreach, Engagement, and Communications
Goal – Outreach and Engagement: Foster a culture of sustainability through close collaboration, partnership-building, sustainability literacy and action programs for students, faculty, and a staff, to build social and operational norms around sustainability.
Goal – Communications: Tell the story of sustainability at UVa, build identity, and enhance leadership by developing and sharing timely and robust news, best practices, lessons learned, benchmarking, data, educational resources, and tools in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Occupant Engagement programs
- Sustainability Advocates (students)
- Student Employees – recycling, promotions, water, energy, and student outreach teams (students)
- Green Workplace (staff)
- Sustainability Partners (staff and community)
- Sustainability Pledge and Green Challenge
- Annual Events (i.e. Earth Week, Campus Sustainability Day)
- Annual Competitions (i.e. Dorm Energy Challenge)
- Communications programs
- Sustainability at UVa website
- Social media
- Green Tips