Office of University Communications
The Office of University Communications at U.Va. conducts a variety of public relations activities, communications, and community relations initiatives designed to increase public understanding of programs in classrooms, research labs, and other service activities. Information about Freedom of Information requests is available online.
- Community Relations serves as the liaison between the University and the area community. The office focuses on external communication, working to establish partnerships, and promote understanding within the community.
- Media Relations provides information to the media on the activities of the University's 10 schools, 10,000 faculty and staff members, 18,000 on-Grounds students, public service functions, and research initiatives. UVA Today is produced in the Media Relations Office.
- Strategic Communications & Marketing serves as a leader in message development and institutional positioning, working with University Communications staff and University leadership in formulating and implementing effective communication strategies and gathering and interpreting marketing data for the University.
- Web Communications has responsibility for the creation and oversight of the University's Home Page and institutional Web sites. The office publishes Web Guidelines/Standards for administrative web sites. The office works with ITS to create new technologies to disseminate information to the University and outside community.
- Audio & Visual supports campaign, constituent, and university communications, as well as select pan-University projects, by providing a range of services within the following categories: photography, videography, and podcasting. It also supports major events such as Finals Weekend, stays abreast of emerging technologies in the A/V field, and manages relationships with freelance production groups and vendors, including videographers, editors, musicians, and duplication companies.