Fine and Performing Arts Commission
May 16, 2000 8:00 9:30 a.m.
Newcomb Hall Commonwealth Room
- I would appreciate it if we might hear from the following people in regards to whatever
progress has been made since our last all-Commission meeting:
- Hillary Alger and George Sampson and Susan Wheeler -- re. any fundraising progress they
have made in regards to the Arts.
- LaVahn Hoh, Jim Cooper, and Jeff Hantman -- re. outreach to high schools.
- Johanna Drucker -- re. her Media Studies program and its development.
- Jane Ford and Bill Sublette -- re. the newsletters and arts publications decisions which
have been made.
- Richard Herskowitz -- re. the Virginia Film Festival.
- Phyllis Leffler -- re. the ARTS SEMS project.
- Clo Phillips -- re. progress on the Arts Precinct.
- Beth Sutton and Nancy Brockman on anything re. the community they would like to report
on -- (Beth re. 64 Magazine)
- Lisa Spaar re. the new Poetry Center idea.
- Lear and Adam -- if there is anything from the students' point of view you'd like to
address -- please plan to do so