P.O. Box 400217
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4217
IT Project Management Office
The IT Project Management Office (PMO) facilitates the successful and consistent use of project management practices for IT projects within the VPCIO area. It is focused on delivering an environment where projects can flourish—not on actually managing projects.
Within the VPCIO area, the PMO champions consistent project management practices which, in turn, provide greater visibility and transparency and alignment with the University's goals and initiatives.
In its efforts towards successful project management practices, the PMO provides the following to the VPCIO area:
- mentoring and coaching for new project managers,
- a standard tool set inclusive of project governance,
- a current inventory of projects,
- a portfolio management process,
- an assessment of project management training needs, and
- a repository of project management guidelines, templates, and examples of project management documents.
The Project Management Office is organized around:
- a chief project management officer, with help from
- the UVa Project Management Community, and
- the mentoring/coaching network.