P.O. Box 400217
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4217
- Arlene Buynak
IT Project Management Office
Project Management Toolkit
The IT Project Management Office and the UVa Project Management Community have worked together to provide a toolkit for project management. From the numerous PM methodologies currently available, this toolkit is based on best practices from the Project Management Institute and has been customized for use in our environment. These toolkit offerings were chosen based on two beliefs:
- The toolkit is an ever-evolving set of guidelines, templates, and examples.
- The tools are designed to help you manage your project and can be adapted for any particular project.
- A compilation of IT project management guidelines, templates, & examples.
- The Project Management Complexity Tool is intended to provide a rule of thumb to help project managers assess the complexity of a project.
- Project Management Process Guidelines outline a process for each level of project complexity.
- The Security Review for Projects Questionnaire to:
- facilitate identification of security requirements for a given Information Technology Project; and
- help minimize risks associated with planned outsourcing of Mission Critical IT services.
A minimal standard for projects in the VPCIO area is as follows:
- Project Charter
- Communications Plan
- Project Plan
- Risk/Security Assessment
- Lessons Learned
If you have questions about particular guidelines and templates, the Project Management Community Guidelines subgroup can help you.