P.O. Box 400308
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4308
Provost's Search Committee Tutorial
The online faculty search committee tutorial, also known as "the Provost's tutorial" is designed to:
- underline the significance of each search committee member's responsibility to the candidates, their department, and the university
- guide and inform search committee members and chairs
- introduce faculty to the breadth of topics related to diversifying applicant pools
- introduce new research on recruitment and evaluation of candidates
- provide reference points for further discussion during the search process
The Provost's Tutorial is required
for all members of search committees
seeking tenured or tenure-track faculty.
Certification lasts for two years.
Please click on one of the following links for more information:
- Take the Provost's Tutorial
- Provost's Tutorial Primer
- Provost's Tutorial FAQs
- Provost's Tutorial References, Question # Order
Who Takes Which Training?
|Type of Position to Be Filled||
Must Take Provost's Tutorial
Must take EOP Training
|-- tenured/tenure track||X|
For more information about EOP training click here.
To take EOP training online go to http://www.virginia.edu/eop/searchcommittee.html.
User Status Database: We have developed a simple searchable database called "User Status." This database includes the name, U.Va. ID, school, and department of everyone who has taken the provost’s tutorial; it is updated continuously. In the interest of privacy, we are restricting access to User Status to a few people in each school. The table below contains the names of persons in each school who have been given access, in alphabetical order by school/area. If you need to know who has taken the provost’s tutorial please contact the person(s) from your school/area on this list.
|USER STATUS DESIGNEES|
|UVa ID||Last Name||First Name||School/Unit|
|ncb8m||Bertram||Nancy||Arts & Sciences|
|pcb6e||Brunjes||Peter||Arts & Sciences|
|jak8w||Krahn||Jennifer||Arts & Sciences|
|brc2s||Shifflett||Brandi||Arts & Sciences|
|lac6a||Willy||Lori||Arts & Sciences|
|sam6b||Morris||Sue||Continuing & Professional Studies|