P.O. Box 400227
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4227
The Office of the Senior Vice President for Operations supports the University’s mission by providing primary operational and administrative services. The Senior Vice President for Operations oversees the management of the following University units: Architect Office, Building Official, Business Operations, Facilities Management, Real Estate and Leasing Services, and State Governmental Relations. Collectively, the reporting units perform the following core functions:
- Lead integrated, physical planning, including the design of new facilities, renovations, and land use for effective, efficient and sustainable capital development and historic preservation.
- Deliver housing, dining, transit, and other auxiliary services to support the University’s living and learning community.
- Maintain and operate the overall academic and health system physical plant, including maintenance, utilities, construction, custodial services, and grounds care.
- Review and coordinate real estate transactions including leases, purchases, and sales.
- Develop and maintain effective state relations with the Executive Branch and the General Assembly in order to advance legislative, operating, and capital priorities.
- Coordinate the implementation of the provisions in the Restructuring Act, the Management Agreement, and the Virginia Higher Education Opportunity Act.
Operations provides support services and innovative solutions enabling the University to deliver high-quality education, research, public service, and healthcare.
To be a prudent steward of University resources and a valued partner in achieving teaching, research, service and healthcare excellence.
- Continuous improvement