P.O. Box 400227
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4227
Management & Budget Customer Survey - Facilities Management
Facilities Management’s (FM) section contained 15 questions. The sample included 240 Facility Coordinators, Vice Presidents, Deans, and Department Heads. Two hundred ninety-one people responded to FM’s survey with 116 self- identifying as members of the target population.
- Feedback on various types of communication were assessed in the survey:
- Responses revealed the opportunity for better communication in advance of scheduled work and proactive communication to keep customers informed about the progress/status of work.
- 36% of respondents indicated that billing statements are not effective.
- Approximately 26% of respondents do not use the FM website, and of those who do 18% find it difficult to navigate.
- The open-ended comments also disclosed that the effectiveness of communication varies greatly by individual employee.
- Timeliness was rated high with 93% of respondents noting that generally FM responds promptly to requests. Responses to service requests were rated slightly lower than responses to maintenance requests, emergencies, and other requests.
- Of the services provided (landscaping, housekeeping, building maintenance, recycling, and utilities), 92% of respondents reported satisfactory quality of service (38% strongly agreed, 54% agreed).
- Conduct focus groups to assess opportunities to improve communication with customers.
- Improve the Facility Coordinator program, a primary link to the broader customer base and an integral part of communications.
- Enhance customer relations training for employees.
For more information about the FM customer survey results, please contact Chris Smeds at 982-4796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.