Join the Network
Virginia Innovation Partnership Matching Funds Program
Virginia Innovation Partnership (VIP) is a statewide Proof-of-Concept network that was created to fund and mentor the best of Virginia’s college and university researchers’ ideas and technologies.
VIP program goals include:
- Driving innovative technologies to market more quickly by bringing together and building lasting ties with experts in academia, public/private businesses collaborators, investors and entrepreneurs across the Commonwealth of Virginia for regional economic growth and job creation.
- Enhancing our regional collaboration efforts by working more closely together to leverage resources and use of our strengths.
- Developing expansive state-wide network of experts in business, venture capital, and a variety of industries to support our developing entrepreneurial ecosystems.
- Determine the realistic market-pull for each i6 project by VIP matching funds partners; this step is critical since all successful start-ups must establish a clear path to exit or acquisition to attract investments.
Why the Need for Matching Funds?
The i6 Challenge program is supported by the U.S. Department of Commerce at $500K per year for two years and has a required 1:1 matching share component. All matching funds raised will go to support funded projects. The minimum goal is the funding of 20 projects at $50K per year. Your financial gift will provide invaluable support that will allow for the leveraging of the i6 Challenge funds.
Support VIP as a Matching Funds Partner
Your help is needed to enable the Virginia Innovation Partnership program to create new startup companies, products, services, and jobs. You can support the VIP program as a matching funds partner by contributing financial support for projects with 100% tax deductible gifts going directly to the funded projects. Matching funds partners will receive:
- Recognition as a matching funds Corporate partner on the VIP i6 web site.
- Acknowledgement in all VIP promotional materials.
- Special opportunities to mentor projects of interest as a corporate mentor.
- Recognition at the annual VIP - Commonwealth Challenge Summit.
- Mention in the annual report provided to the US Department of Commerce.
Matching Funds Levels
We will work with you to determine your gift level. Your commitment is key to driving this statewide innovation network, designed to create new economic opportunities for each partner regardless of whether i6 projects are directly related to the organization’s core business.
Matching Funds Timeline
Projects will be selected for funding by December 2012. We would need your gift pledge no later than December 5th, 2012. Your company will be invoiced before the end of the calendar year.
To learn more about how you can support VIP, please contact:
Matching Funds Partner
Strategic Partnerships - UVA Innovation
250 West Main Street, Suite 300
Charlottesville, VA 22902