News & Announcements
All new PIs are encouraged to contact the IACUC Office, for an informal and informational session on Working with the IACUC at UVA. This will also be a good opportunity to meet the office staff that will be assisting you with your protocols.
Beginning in April, there will be two important scheduling changes.
- The ACUC meetings will be held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month; the IBC meeting will move to the 1st Tuesday of every month.
- All NEW protocols must be submitted 2 weeks prior to the regular protocol submission deadline. See full schedule here.
Recent Policy Updates
Please review the recently updated policies below. Changes are effective immediately.
- Freund's Adjuvant
- Allocating Specific Categories to USDA Category C
- Breeding and Weaning of Rats and Mice
- Euthanasia, Confirmation of Death, and Carcass Disposal
- Humane Endpoints
- Rodent Surgery and Post-Operative Care
- Laboratory Mixtures or Dilutions of Anesthetics or Analgesics
- Occupational Health and Safety in the Care and Use of Research Animals
- Q-Fever Policy