Human Research Activities Performed at Other Institutions
Any human subjects research conducted in whole or in part outside of UVa facilities must be reviewed and approved by a UVa IRB prior to initiation if it satisfies any of the following criteria.
- It is conducted by or under the direction of UVa personnel in connection with his or her UVa responsibilities.
- It uses UVa property, facilities, or resources to support or carry out the research.
- The name of the University of Virginia is used in applying for funds (intra or extramural).
- The name of the University of Virginia is used in explanations and/or representations to subjects.
- The investigator plans to use his/her University of Virginia association in any publication or public presentation resulting from the research.
- Non-public information from UVa will be used to identify or contact human research subjects or prospective subjects.
IRB Approval of Non- UVa Institution
The researcher will need to obtain approval from the Non-UVa IRB in addition to the UVa IRB for any research done at a Non- UVa Institution. Please contact the IRB to determine which IRB's templates should be used for submissions.
*Taken from UVa IRB-HSR Research Guidance