Requirements for Approval of research at Non-UVa Facilities
Any human subjects research conducted in whole or in part outside of UVa facilities must be reviewed and approved by a UVa IRB prior to initiation if it satisfies any of the following criteria criteria unless an IRB Reliance Agreement is in place documenting reliance on a non- UVa IRB of Record. For additional information see IRB Reliance Agreements.
- It is conducted by or under the direction of UVa personnel in connection with his or her UVa responsibilities.
- It uses UVa property, facilities, or resources to support or carry out the research.
- The name of the University of Virginia is used in applying for funds (intra or extramural).
- The name of the University of Virginia is used in explanations and/or representations to subjects.
- Non-public information from UVa will be used to identify or contact human research subjects or prospective subjects.