Tracking Protocol Status
Assignment of IRB Submission Number:
- When you enter Protocol Builder and click on Create New Protocol, you will be assigned an IRB Submission Number. This is the number you should use to communicate with the IRB prior to submission.
Assignment of IRB Protocol/ Grant Number
- After the protocol is submitted to the IRB and accepted by the IRB, an IRB Protocol or Grant number will be assigned. This is the number you should use to communicate with the IRB after submission. The letter G is put in front of any number which is for a grant. Protocols do not have a letter in front of the number. Separate IRB numbers are given for grants and protocols.
Obtaining Information from IRB Online
- You will only be able to view information through IRB Online for protocols on which you are listed as personnel.
- Information may be obtained for studies that are active or closed.
- A large amount of information is available to you regarding your protocols and grants via IRB Online. Some types of information available include
- current protocol and consent form version dates
- due dates for continuation status forms over the next year
- number of subjects you are approved to enroll
- approval dates
- personnel listed with IRB for each of your protocols.
- training status of personnel listed on each of your protocols
- which grants fund which protocols
- and much more!