Projects & Initiatives
We host five large projects & initiatives that focus on creating opprotunities for university wide collaboration.
- 3 Cavaliers provides support for interdisciplinary groups to explore creative, high-risk, high-payoff interdisciplinary research ideas that might not be ready for more traditional funding.
- Entrepreneurship at UVA focuses on creating concepts for possible new products to develop, market and eventaully launch.
- The Max Planck Society partnership with UVA conducts research on new energy processes.
- OpenGrounds connects the University, the Charlottesville community, and global partners to develop the knowledge, tools, and behaviors that will shape the future.
- Strategic Investment Fund provides funding for special projects that advance research at UVA.
- THRIV fosters innovative health research among students and faculty.