Date: Sep 3, 2009
To: All U.Va. students
From: John Nelson, Student Council President
Subject: New water program at home football games
Dear fellow students:
I'm excited to announce a new student-led program to provide students with free bottled water at certain home football games. Under the new program, if the heat index is forecast to be 90 degrees or above at any point when the gates are open at Scott Stadium, each University student will receive a complimentary bottle of water. This program is made possible by the contributions of our Student Council, Inter-Fraternity Council, and Inter-Sorority Council. Please see below for important details:
* Every University student will receive one bottle of water at football games if the heat index (a combination of temperature and humidity) is expected to reach 90 degrees at any point while the gates are open. In years past, two or three games have hit this threshold each season.
* The decision will be made no later than 5 p.m. the evening prior to each game based on the weather forecast. Students will be notified of this decision by signage at Scott Stadium and messages circulating on organization listserves.
* The distribution tent will be located on the left as you come in the student entrance. It will be directly above Section 101.
* You must present a University ID to receive a bottle of water. Your hand will be stamped to indicate you have received your free bottle of water.
* Please recycle. Recycling bins will be placed in convenient locations throughout the student section. Use them!
Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions. We hope that this new program will further improve your comfort and safety during football games. Regardless of the temperature, please remember to be careful, support our team, and enjoy the games!
Student Council President
E-mail comments to:
Last Modified: Friday, 04-Sep-2009 09:46:36 EDT
© Copyright 2014 by the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia