(Academical Village Map, [D1])
One of the last of the hotels, or larger Range buildings, to be built, Hotel A was probably finished by 1822. It sits at the northwest corner of the West Range and was, like the other hotels, originally used as an eating house for students and later for faculty. Between 1928 and 2011 Hotel A housed the offices of The Virginia Quarterly Review, a nationally renowned journal of literature and social commentary. Today it is the home of the Center for Global Inquiry and Innovation (CGI2).