(Map B, Building 1 [D3])
Clinical departments and offices occupy Barringer Wing. The University Hospital first opened in 1901. A second building phase included construction of a western addition to the McIntire Wing. Completed in 1936, the addition was dedicated to Dr. Paul B. Barringer, a medical school faculty member instrumental in the hospital's founding. The Barringer Wing originally housed an obstetrical ward and private patient rooms.