(Map B, Building 8 [E2])
The University's Women's Center and the Center for Global Health currently occupy the Corner Building.
The building was designed by Eugene Bradbury of Charlottesville in 1912-14. It was originally called the Entrance Building since it stood at the corner then considered the University's main entrance. The nearby retail neighborhood gets its name from this "Corner." When first in use, the building contained a railroad ticket office, a post office, and a restaurant. It used to stand further west but was moved, the body of the building first and then its columns.
The Women's Center is temporarily located in Emmet House in the McCormick Road Residence Area.