(Map C, Building 13 [D3])
Many a lively football game, baseball match, and track meet took place in Lambeth Field in the first years of the 20th century, when it was the University's first and only outdoor athletic location. Spectators sat in the concrete amphitheater, built between 1911 and 1913, topped by a colonnade designed by alumnus R. E. Lee Taylor. The field and the colonnade were named for William A. Lambeth, alumnus, director of athletics, and superintendent of buildings and grounds. Lambeth Field is now home for intramural games.